Reflection Text in Photoshop
● Type some text in Photoshop, make a duplicate of that text, and warp it using the Free Transform Tool.
✓ Free Transform Tool✓ Masking✓ Opacity ✓ Rasterize Text
• This tutorial is part of the Drive Me Wild project.
Other People's Work:
Here are examples of work inspired by this tutorial.
Step #1: Find a Font that Matches your Project ~
✗ Go to http://www.dafont.com/ and search for a font that fits your project theme -
• If you want something that looks like Money, search for that. Get it?
Step #2: Download the Font ~
✗ When you find a font that matches your project, Right-Click and save the file to your desktop, or somewhere you can find it …
Step #3: Open Font Book ~
✗ Go to your Downloads (Window > Downloads), open it, and double-click on the .tff file(s) …
✗ … when Font Book opens, click Install Font.
Step #4: Open your Project in PhotoShop ~
✗ Open YOUR PROJECT in Photoshop …
… (Remember: all these tutorials are intended to be
applied to YOUR PROJECT) …
✗ … select the Horizontal Type Tool or hit the keyboard shortcut (t) …
✗ … drag a box and type SOMETHING YOU CAN USE IN YOUR PROJCT!
Step#5: Select your Font ~
✗ Select your text …
✗ … click on Font Family in the menu bar and find your font.
Step #6: Rasterize Type ~
✗ With the duplicated text selected, go to: Layer > Rasterize > Type or Right-Click on the new layer and select Rasterize Type.
Step #7: Transform ~
✗ Hit the keyboard shortctut Cmd(⌘)+T to Free Transform the text …
✗ … then, Right-Click or go to: Edit > Transform > Perspective …
✗ … and pull the lower sides in.
Step #8: Duplicate the Layer ~
✗ Duplicate the text layer by hitting the keyboard shortcut: Cmd(⌘)+J or go to: Layer > Duplicate Layer.
Step #9: Flip Vertical ~
✗ Hit Cmd (⌘) + t + …
✗ … then Right-Click on the Text - select Flip Vertical and move it down a little.
Step #10: Perspective ~
✗ Then go to: Edit > Transform > Perspective and adjust so it looks like a shadow.
Step #11: Opacity ~
✗ Lower the opacity of the duplicate layer …
✗ … play with the opacity setting until you get your desired result.
Step #12: Blending Options ~
✗ GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL text layer and click on …
✗ … add Bevel and Emboss … and any others you like.
✗ … and Drop Shadow too.
Last Step: Save and Attach ~
✗ Go to: File > Save as … and save the image as a .psd file - FIRST_NAME_LAST_NAME_PROJECT_NAME.psd
✗ Attach it!
• ALWAYS save your projects like this:
• DO NOT name your project any other way - Improperly named projects will not receive credit and you will be sad.
• NEVER leave your work on the desktop or depend on a flash drive - instead, save your work in a folder you can find later - preferably on a virtual drive where it can be backed up.