More Border Options in Photoshop
● Learn About Layers and How to Combine Them in Photoshop.
✓ Combine Layers ✓ Free Transform ✓ Polygonal Lasso Tool
• This tutorial is part of the Renaissance project.
Other People's Work:
Here are some examples of work inspired by this tutorial.
Step #1: Open your Project in PhotoShop ~
✗ Go to: http://www.theinspirationgallery.com/ or a any site with borders you can use in your work.
✗ Click Borders …
✗ … find a border that matches your work, Right-Click and copy it.
Step #2: Paste the image into your Project ~
✗ Go to: Edit > Paste …
✗ … then hit the keyboard shortcut: Cmd(⌘)+T to flip it vertical and transform the boarder (when necessary.)
✗ Hit to apply your changes.
Step #3: Duplicate the Layer ~
✗ Duplicate the layer by Right-Clicking on it.
✗ With the Move Tool - line up the duplicate image.
✗ Repeat this process …
Step#4: Combine your Layers ~
✗ Too Many layers!
✗ Shift+Click all the duplicate layers …
✗ … Right-Click and select Merge Layers.
Step#5: Duplicate the Layer again ~
✗ Do the sides and the bottom the same way
Step #6: Cut the Corners ~
✗ Click the Polygonal Lasso Tool …
✗ … click and Drag the lasso tool diagonally in a big triangle shape.
✗ Hit Delete.
✗ Do the same for all 4 corners.
✗ Merge all the border layers into 1 layer
Step #8: Layer Effects ~
✗ Click at the bottom of the layers pallette, add Bevel and Emboss …
✗ … adjust the Bevel settings …
✗ … also try Inner Glow and any others you wish.
Last Step: Save and Attach ~
✗ Go to: File > Save as … and save your file as a .psd
• ALWAYS save your projects like this:
• DO NOT name your project any other way - Improperly named projects will not receive credit and you will be sad.
• NEVER leave your work on the desktop or depend on a flash drive - instead, save your work in a folder you can find later - preferably on a virtual drive where it can be backed up.