Add a Movie Credit Font to your Poster
● This tutorial is an introduction to downloading and installing Fonts.
● Remember: Always Be Creative! Try different things!
✓ Downloading and Installing Fonts
• This tutorial is used in the Monster Mesh Project.
Other People's Work:
Here are examples of work inspired by this tutorial.
Step #1: Download this Font ~
✗ Right-Click this => Movie Credit Font and hit "Save Link as …"
✓… and save the file to your Destop.
Step #2: Expand ~
✓Go to your Desktop expand the file it by Double-Clicking it (the file is "zipped").
Step #3: Open Font Book ~
✓Go to where you downloaded the font, open it, and double-click on the .tff file(s) …
✓… when Font Book opens, click Install Font.
Step #5: Open Your Project ~
✓ Open YOUR PROJECT in Illustrator …
… (Remember: all these tutorials are intended to be
applied to YOUR PROJECT) …
✓ … make a New Layer, and lock your other layers.
Step #6: Open This ~
✓Save This File to your desktop => movie-credit-font.ai and open it in Illustrator.
Step #7: Copy and Paste ~
✓ Hit Cmd (⌘)+A + to select all …
✓… and paste everything on the new layer.
Step #8: Caps Lock ~
✓To change names - hit Caps Lock …
✓… and type some fictious names
Step #9: Create Outlines ~
✓ Get the Selection Tool or hit the keyboard shortcut letter (v) …
✓ … go to: Type > Create Outlines …
✓ … or hit the keyboard shortcut:
✓ … but however you do it, be sure to ALWAYS create outlines of your text.
Step #10: Colors and Effects ~
✓ Go to: Effect > Stylize > Drop Shadow on the text and star shape - try the other effects also - Try different stuff! Make something interesting!
Last Step: Save your Project and Attach ~
✓ Go to: File > Save as … and save your work as - FIRST_NAME_LAST_NAME_PROJECT_NAME.ai]
✓ Attach it and keep working …
• ALWAYS save your projects like this:
• DO NOT name your project any other way - Improperly named projects will not receive credit and you will be sad.
• NEVER leave your work on the desktop or depend on a flash drive - instead, save your work in a folder you can find later - preferably on a virtual drive where it can be backed up.