32 - Blending Options & Styles in Photoshop ~
• Hopefully you've got every part of your work separated into layers.
• Now it's time to apply some effects and blending options and styles to those layers.
• This tutorial is part of the Shoe Repair Project.
Other People's Work:
Here are examples of work inspired by this tutorial.
Step #1: Open your Project in PhotoShop ~
Open the Layers Palette by hitting F7 ...
... and select a Layer ...
... and click on the at the bottom.
Start with Drop Shadow first …
Step #2: Add Drop Shadow to the Layer ~
Try Drop Shadow, Outer Glow or Bevel and Emboss or anything else you want. Just Try it!
Each setting can be modified by clicking on the words. The variations are endless.
Blending Options give depth and expression to your work.
Step #3: Styles ~
Then go to: Window > Styles
Add different styles on different layers.
You can also add NEW styles by doing this:
Add Stlyes and Blending Options to most of your layers, especially text.
Last Step: Save and Attach ~
Save your work as - [ LASTNAME-FIRSTNAME-PROJECTNAME.psd]
• ALWAYS save your projects like this:
• DO NOT name your project any other way - Improperly named projects will not receive credit and you will be sad.
• NEVER leave your work on the desktop or depend on a flash drive - instead, save your work in a folder you can find later - preferably on a virtual drive where it can be backed up.