Use Blending Options & Styles to Create Unique Designs in Photoshop …
● Now it's time to apply some Layer Styles and Blending Options to your layers.
✓ Layer Styles ✓ Blending Options
• This tutorial is part of the Shoe Repair Project.
Other People's Work:
Here are examples of work inspired by this tutorial.
Step #1: Open your Project in PhotoShop ~
✗ Open YOUR PROJECT in Photoshop …
✗ … (remember: all these tutorials are intended to be applied to YOUR PROJECT).
✗ Hopefully you've done this tutorial 1st and made lots of Layers with shapes on them.
✗ Open the Layers Palette (if necessary) by hitting F7 …
✗ … and select a Layer …
✗ … and click on the at the bottom.
✗ Start with Bevel and Emboss first …
Step #2: Modify the Effects ~
✗ Each setting is adjustable …
✗ Adjust the settings anyway you want. The variations are endless …
✗ Try Inner Glow or Stroke - try them all.
✗ Just Try it!
✗ Blending Options give depth and expression to your work.
Step #3: Styles ~
✗ Next ,try the Preset Layer Styles available by going to: Window > Styles …
✗ … and try the different Presets on your layers.
✗ Add different styles to each of your layers.
✗ You can also add NEW styles by doing this:
✗ Add Stlyes and Blending Options to most of your layers, especially text.
Last Step: Save and Attach ~
✗ Save your work as - FIRST_NAME_LAST_NAME_PROJECT_NAME.psd
✗ Attach it!
• ALWAYS save your projects like this:
• DO NOT name your project any other way - Improperly named projects will not receive credit and you will be sad.
• NEVER leave your work on the desktop or depend on a flash drive - instead, save your work in a folder you can find later - preferably on a virtual drive where it can be backed up.