Blending Options & Styles II in Photoshop
● Every Part of your Work Must be Covered by an Object or Shape you Create on the Computer …
✓ Layer Styles ✓ Blending Options
• This tutorial is part of the Drive Me Wild project.
Other People's Work:
Here are examples of work inspired by this tutorial.
Step #1: Open your Project in PhotoShop ~
✗ Open YOUR PROJECT in Photoshop …
… (Remember: all these tutorials are intended to be
applied to YOUR PROJECT) …
Step #2: Layers ~
✗ Open Layers and click a layer that has something on it …
✗ … and click at the bottom of the Layers Palette.
✗ Start with Bevel and Emboss first …
Step #3: Modify the Effects ~
✗ Each setting is adjustable …
✗ Adjust the settings anyway you want. The variations are endless …
✗ Try Inner Glow or Stroke - try them all.
Just Try it!
Blending Options give depth and expression to your work.
Step #4: Preset Styles ~
✗ Next ,try the Preset Layer Styles available to you by going to: Window > Styles …
✗ … and try the different Presets on your layers.
✗ You can also add NEW styles by doing this:
✗ Layer Stlyes and Blending Options can make your work look really interesting.
Last Step: Save Your Project & Attach ~
✗ Go to: File > Save as … and save your work as .psd document.
• ALWAYS save your projects using the following naming convention:
• DO NOT name your project any other way - Improperly named projects will not receive credit and you will be sad.
• NEVER leave your work on the desktop or depend on a flash drive - instead, save your work in a folder you can find later - preferably on a virtual drive where it can be backed up.
✗ SAVE YOUR WORK FREQUENTLY! No excuses for missing or lost work! Attach the .psd file and keep working …