Star Shapes 2 in Illustrator
● All good magazine covers, advertising, and packaging have a "Call to Action" such as: Available Now! or Buy Today! - Sale - Win - Free - Offer Expires - Hurry - Best Value - Free Shipping - Reply Today - Click Here.
● Create your own Call to Action by following this tutorial.
✓ Star Tool ✓ Text Tool ✓ Create Outlines ✓ Effects
Other People's Work:
Here are examples of work inspired by this tutorial.
Step #1: Open Illustrator ~
✓ Open Adobe Illustrator and create a new document.
Step #2: Star Tool in Illustrator ~
✓ Get the Star Tool which is behind the Rectangle Tool …
✓ … click somewhere on the Artbord with the Star Tool …
✓ … and set the number of points for your star. TRY DIFFERENT THINGS!
✓ The greater the difference between your two Radius settings the more your points you have. The points setting is the number of points on your star.
Step #3: Effects ~
✓ Select everything by hitting the keyboard shortcut: Cmd(⌘)+A and go to: Effect > Stylize > Drop Shadow …
✓ … and change the colors of the stroke and fill. Try different stuff! Make something interesting!
Step #4: Text ~
✓ Get the Type Tool or hit the keyboard shortcut letter (t) …
✓ … draw a box.
✓ Type some text you can use in your project - a Call to Action! like these: https://www.netatlantic.com/blog/2012/04/20-effective-call-to-action-cta-phrases/
Step #5: Find a Font that Matches your Project ~
✓ Go to http://www.dafont.com/ and search for a font that fits your project theme -
• If you want something that looks like Money, search for that. Get it?
Step #6: Download the Font ~
✓ When you find a font that matches your project, Right-Click and save the file to your desktop, or somewhere you can find it …
Step #7: Open Font Book ~
✓ Go to where you downloaded the font, open it, and double-click on the .tff file(s) …
✓ … when Font Book opens, click Install Font.
Step #8: Find your Font ~
✓ Choose your new font in the menu bar and modify the size, color, etc.
Step #9: Create Outlines ~
✓ Right-click the text and choose Create Outlines.
Step #10: Rotate Text ~
✓ Get the Selection Tool or hit the keyboard shortcut letter (v) …
✓ … then tilt the text.
Step #11: Save your Work ~
✓ Save your work as an adobe illustrator document somewhere you can find it …
Step #12: ONLY IF YOU'RE WORKING IN PHOTOSHOP ~
✓ Only if you are working in Photoshop and want to use your star shape there, open Photoshop and go to: File > Place …
✓ Find the file you created in Illustrator and use it in your Photoshop document!
Last Step: Save and Attach ~
✓ Save your project as - FIRST_NAME_LAST_NAME_PROJECT_NAME]
✓ Attach it!
• ALWAYS save your projects using the following naming convention:
• DO NOT name your project any other way - Improperly named projects will not receive credit and you will be sad.
• NEVER leave your work on the desktop or depend on a flash drive - instead, save your work in a folder you can find later - preferably on a virtual drive where it can be backed up.