Choose Your Colors - Learn how to Use Kuler to select a Color Scheme
● Picking colors can be difficult for those of us who are color-challenged. Fortunately, there is kuler.adobe.com.
✓ Screen Prints✓ Colors
• This tutorial is part of the Drive Me Wild Project.
Step #1: Kuler.Adobe.com
✗ Go to: kuler.adobe.com and click Explore:
✗ IF you're working on the Free Trade project …
… search for Pastel Colors as required by the rubric for that project.
Step #2: Adjust your Colors ~
✗ Select a color harmony and click "Edit Copy" …
✗ Try picking a color harmony …
✗ … and mess around with the colors (if necessary).
Step #3: Screen Print ~
✗ Once you've decided on a 5 color scheme …
✗ … hit: Cmd(⌘)+Shift(⇧)+4 + +
and drag out a box to copy the screen:
✗ That's right! Make a screen print!
✗ These will be your colors!
Step #4: Open your Project in Photoshop ~
✗ Open YOUR PROJECT in Photoshop …
… (Remember: all these tutorials are intended to be
applied to YOUR PROJECT) …
✗ … paste the the screen shot in Photoshop.
Last Step: Save and Attach ~
✗ Save your work as - FIRST_NAME_LAST_NAME_PROJECT_NAME.psd]
✗ Attach it!
• ALWAYS save your projects using the following naming convention:
• DO NOT name your project any other way - Improperly named projects will not receive credit and you will be sad.
• NEVER leave your work on the desktop or depend on a flash drive - instead, save your work in a folder you can find later - preferably on a virtual drive where it can be backed up.