Lasso Tool in Photoshop
● Every Part of your Work Must be Covered by an Object or Shape you Create.
● Use the Lasso Tool and Layers to cover every part of your shoe with a shape and a color!
Paint Bucket Lasso Tool
• This tutorial is part of the Shoe Repair Project.
Other People's Work:
Here are examples of work inspired by this tutorial.
Step #1: Create a New Layer ~
✗ Open YOUR PROJECT in Photoshop …
… (Remember: all these tutorials are intended to be
applied to YOUR PROJECT) …
✗ … go to: Layer > New > Layer or hit the keyboard shortcut: Cmd (⌘)+ Shift (⇧) +N …
✗ … and hit OK.
Step #2: Lasso Tool ~
✗ Get the Lasso Tool or hit the keyboard shortcut letter (L) …
✗ … and trace around part of your image.
Step #3: Select a Color ~
✗ Double-Click on Color …
✗ … and pick your color.
Step #4: Paint Bucket Tool ~
✗ Select the Paint Bucket tool =
✗ Fill the selection with your color.
Step #5: KEEP GOING! ~
✗ Cover every part of your shoe with a shape.
✗ Make sure each shape has it's own layer!
Last Step: Save and Attach ~
✗ Save your work as - FIRST_NAME_LAST_NAME_PROJECT_NAME.psd
✗ Attach it!
• ALWAYS save your projects like this:
• DO NOT name your project any other way - Improperly named projects will not receive credit and you will be sad.
• NEVER leave your work on the desktop or depend on a flash drive - instead, save your work in a folder you can find later - preferably on a virtual drive where it can be backed up.