Star Shapes with "Call to Action" Text in Photoshop
● A good "Call-to-Action!" should explain to viewers exactly what you want people to do.
● Call-to-action phrases include: Buy - Sell - Now! Limited - Sale - Special - Don't Wait - etc.
✓ Shape Tool ✓ Polygon Tool ✓ Warp Tool ✓ Drop Shadow ✓ Horizontal Type Tool ✓ Fonts
• This tutorial is part of the Shoe Repair Project.
Other People's Work:
Here are examples of work inspired by this tutorial.
Step #1: Open your Project in PhotoShop ~
✗ Open YOUR PROJECT in Photoshop …
… (Remember: all these tutorials are intended to be
applied to YOUR PROJECT) …
✗ … make a New Layer, and lock your other layers.
Step #2: Polygon Tool ~
✗ Select the Polygon Tool = which is behind the Rectangle Tool …
✗ … make sure Pixels is selected in "Pick tool mode" …
✗ … click on the drop down icon …
✗ … and select Star. Also notice the other options available. You may want to come back here later and experiment.
✗ Lastly, set the color of your star.
Step #3: Make a New Layer ~
✗ Go to: Layer » New » Layer or hit the keyboard shortcut: Cmd (⌘)+ Shift (⇧) +N …
✗ … name it star and hit OK.
Step #3: Drag the Cursor Across the Screen ~
✗ Click and Drag the mouse across the screen:
✗ You can change the number of star sides here:
Step #4: Make ANOTHER New Layer ~
✗ Create another New Layer by hitting Cmd (⌘) +Shift+N …
✗ Then draw another NEW star above the old one with a different color.
✗ Adding stars on separate layers allows them to be different colors,add Layer Styles and rotate them individually.
Step #5: Type Layer ~
✗ Select the Horizontal Type Tool or hit the keyboard shortcut (t) …
✗ … and type something you can use for your project, like "Buy Now!" or "Don't Wait!" or something like this …
Step#6: Select your Font ~
✗ Select your text …
✗ … click on Font Family in the menu bar and scroll through the different fonts.
Step#7: Warp Tool ~
✗ Warp your text by clicking on the "Create warped text " button in the Menu Bar …
✗ … select a warp style from the options …
✗ … and after you finish typing, hit the Check mark in the upper menu bar or just hit "Enter."
Step #8: Blending Options ~
✗ Go to: Layer > Layer Style > Blending Options …
✗ … try different Blending Options settings to create a unique style all your own.
✗ Add Outer Glow …
✗ … and Drop Shadow …
✗ … and lastly, add Bevel and Emboss.
Last Step: Save and Attach ~
✗ Save your work as - FIRST_NAME_LAST_NAME_PROJECT_NAME.psd
✗ Attach it!
• ALWAYS save your projects like this:
• DO NOT name your project any other way - Improperly named projects will not receive credit and you will be sad.
• NEVER leave your work on the desktop or depend on a flash drive - instead, save your work in a folder you can find later - preferably on a virtual drive where it can be backed up.