The Basics - 2 in Photoshop
● There are 3 ways to select something and erase it.
● Get familiar with all 3 of them …
Quick Selection Tool
Magic Wand Tool
• This is the second tutorial of the Shoe Repair Project.
Step #1: Delete The Background ~
✗ Open YOUR PROJECT from the last tutorial …
… (Remember: all these tutorials are intended to be
applied to YOUR PROJECT) …
✗ There are 3 Tools you can use to select something and erase it:
✗ Learn them all in this tutorial …
Quick Selection Tool Magic Wand Tool Eraser Tool
✗ The 1st one is the Quick Selection Tool. Select the tool from the toolbar or hit the keyboard shortcut (w) …
✗ … and drag the Quick Selection Tool over the background.
✗ Hit Backspace or Delete.
Step #2: Magic Wand Tool ~
✗ The 2nd tool is the Magic Wand which is behind the Quick Select Tool …
✗ … select the background and Backspace or Delete
Step #3: Eraser ~
✗ 3rd is the Eraser Tool…
✗ … use all of these tools to erase everything you don't need.
Last Step: Save and Attach ~
✗ Go to: File » Save as … and save your work as - FIRST_NAME_LAST_NAME_PROJECT_NAME.psd
✗ Attach it!
• ALWAYS save your projects like this:
• DO NOT name your project any other way - Improperly named projects will not receive credit and you will be sad.
• NEVER leave your work on the desktop or depend on a flash drive - instead, save your work in a folder you can find later - preferably on a virtual drive where it can be backed up.