00 - Basic Tools - 2 in Photoshop ~
Quick Select Tool
• You will use these tools a lot …
• This tutorial is part of the Shoe Repair Project.
Other People's Work:
Here are examples of work inspired by this tutorial.
Step #1: Delete The Background ~
Open your PhotoShop document from the last tutorial.
Hit the Quick Selection Tool ...
... and drag the Quick Selection Tool over the background.
Hit Backspace or Delete.
Step #2: Magic Wand Tool ~
Next, try the Magic Wand.
Switch back and forth between the tools. USE THEM BOTH!
Select the background and Backspace or Delete.
Step #3: Eraser ~
The Quick Select and Magic Wand tools can do everything. Sometimes there's no other solution than just using the eraser.
Erase everything you don't need.
Last Step: Save and Attach ~
Save your work as a .psd file - [ your_name.psd]
• ALWAYS save your projects like this:
• DO NOT name your project any other way - Improperly named projects will not receive credit and you will be sad.
• NEVER leave your work on the desktop or depend on a flash drive - instead, save your work in a folder you can find later - preferably on a virtual drive where it can be backed up.